Vegan SoulFest is Looking for Sponsors and Exhibitors!
Vegan SoulFest takes place every year in Baltimore. This year it's taking place on August 20th and the organizers are looking for sponsors and exhibitors. If you want to be a part of it, make sure to go to the website and register! Check it out HERE.
Check Out These Korean Pineapple JackFruit Tacos by Haile Thomas
Prominent Activists to Speak at Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference
VegfestUK are thrilled to announce the first Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference, to be held in the UK, at London in October, with a number of leading global pro-intersectional speakers already confirmed.
- BVR founder Aph Ko,
- Vegan Publishers staff writer Christopher-Sebastian McJetters,
- Sistah Vegan's Dr. A. Breeze Harper,
- Dr. Kim Socha, of Progress for Science and Minnesota Animal Liberation
- Dr. Casey Taft of Vegan Publishers, author of the recently released book “Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy”,
- lauren Ornelas, of the Food Empowerment Project
- Sarah K. Woodcock, founder of the Advocacy of Veganism Society
- Omowale Adewale, Boxing & Kickboxing Champion and author of "An Introduction to Veganism and Agricultural Globalism"
- Katrina Fox, author, business and media coach from Vegan Business Media
- Joe Brydon, of the Animal Alliance
- Dr. Roger Yates, of the Vegan Information Project
Mark your calendars! You can find more information HERE.
Dr. Harper's Book 'Scars' Has Been Discounted to $25
Dr. Breeze Harper's book Scars: A Black Lesbian Experience in Rural White New England is currently $25 on Sense Publishers. Scars is a novel about whiteness, racism, and breaking past the normative boundaries of heterosexuality, as experienced through eighteen year old Savannah Penelope Sales.
The Plant-Based Prevention of Disease Conference Is Coming Up
This annual event looks at how certain plant-based approaches to eating may affect and reduce the risks of society's major preventable diseases. Tracye McQuirter, MPH, and Dr. Milton Mills will be speaking at this conference. The event is held from May 19th to the 22nd at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC.