Black Vegans Rock Featured in VegNews
BVR Founder, Aph Ko, was recently interviewed for VegNews Magazine. She states:
I don't want to 'rectify' the representation problem in veganism because that implies that the problematic Eurocentric framework stays intact and black and brown faces are added superficially. That's cosmetic diversity, which can only serve the oppressor. We need our own movements where the oppressed are the authors of the change.
Read the full interview HERE.
Keith Tucker's Hip Hop Green Dinner Tour Spotlighted in New Article
Liz Dwyer of Takepart wrote an article spotlighting Keith Tucker and his ground-breaking tour, The 10th Element of Hip Hop and Wellness. She writes:
The inclusion of health and wellness in the elements is the direct result of 50-year-old Tucker's work through Hip Hop is Green, an organization he started in 2009. Since it's launch, Hip Hop is Green has served free vegan meals to roughly 4,000 people, mostly low-income youths of color on the West Coast, in the hopes of reducing rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
Congratulations Keith. Read the full article HERE.
Check out MaituFoods Vegan Meal Delivery Service
Do you live in Atlanta or do you know someone who does? JoVonna Johnson-Cooke of MaituFoods has a weekly vegan meal delivery service that offers beautiful, flavorful plant-based meals prepared fresh from produce grown on her farm and delivered to your door within the metro Atlanta area. Visit maitufoods.com to learn more!
Mark Your Calendars for The Veggie Connection Event!
The Veggie Connection presents the 2nd installment of a “Vegetarian/Vegan Network Event” This event kicks off on Saturday, July 2nd 2016 and you're invited to take part in the festivities. The event takes place at The Goldy S. Lewis Community Center (Mesa Courtyard) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
The event will include healthy living, vegetarian/vegan-minded exhibitors; non-profits; local food enthusiasts, entertainment, and fun for everyone.
Prominent Activists to Speak at Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference
VegfestUK are thrilled to announce the first Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference, to be held in the UK, at London in October, with a number of leading global pro-intersectional speakers already confirmed.
- BVR founder Aph Ko,
- Vegan Publishers staff writer Christopher-Sebastian McJetters,
- Sistah Vegan's Dr. A. Breeze Harper,
- Dr. Kim Socha, of Progress for Science and Minnesota Animal Liberation
- Dr. Casey Taft of Vegan Publishers, author of the recently released book “Motivational Methods for Vegan Advocacy”,
- lauren Ornelas, of the Food Empowerment Project
- Sarah K. Woodcock, founder of the Advocacy of Veganism Society
- Omowale Adewale, Boxing & Kickboxing Champion and author of "An Introduction to Veganism and Agricultural Globalism"
- Katrina Fox, author, business and media coach from Vegan Business Media
- Joe Brydon, of the Animal Alliance
- Dr. Roger Yates, of the Vegan Information Project
Mark your calendars! You can find more information HERE.
Meet NFL Defensive Lineman David Carter TODAY
Famous vegan activist, David Carter, also known as The 300lb vegan is going to be in Baltimore, MD today from 2:30-5:30pm. Stop by to say hello!